Saturday, October 13, 2007

Just some pics

I have always been a photo freak. Not knowing anything about actual photography just enjoying having tonnes of pictures to save all those moments. I have always been like that.



But lately I want to DO more with them. I have been trying to learn about some things by reading my sister Angella's Blog , she does "Foto Fridays" trying to explain some camera settings and stuff. She has a really cool camera though, my little digital doesn't have all the settings and stuff that she talks about on her blog. :(



But after the weekend and seeing my sister, Dayna and brother Chad with their new digitals and what they can do has me REALLY thinking that I need a new camera. I really like the SLR that Angella has but the digital the other two had looked kinda cool too. And obviously there is going to be a price difference but I don't know which way to go. Anybody got any ideas? Anybody got a extra SLR kicking around that they want to send my way ?



No? Had to ask.



I have been playing with my camera a bit but mostly been playing in Picasa, which doesn't really let you do too much. But here are a couple that I have played with.





Basically all I did was play with some colours and cropping.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I have my camera with me when you were here for the weekend? I think I left it at home, I have a Nikon D80 and I LOVE IT. I did a lot of research before between the Canon rebel and the Nikon. They are very comparable in terms of quality, features, price etc. But after I had used the rebel at work I just didn't like how it felt in my hand and the menus kind of bothered me. So I chose the Nikon and was going to spend the next year of my life saving up for it but then Lance bought it for me as a surprise.
Nikon has a new entry level DSLR the D40, it has a lot of the same features but it's quite a bit cheaper. The good thing about getting into a digital SLR is that you can keep the lenses and upgrade the body when you feel like you want to go to the next level.
Ron has an Olympus so he might be able to tell you why he chose that instead of the others.
When you're ready to buy I would suggest going to the stores and holding them to see how they feel, if it feels to heavy or light, if you like where the buttons are (easy to reach), if you like the menus and can understand them. Sometimes you can rent them for the day so that might be a good way to decide which one to buy. They cost lots of money so you want to be sure.
If you have any questions about my camera let me know.
Tiera

Anonymous said...

Hey James, hint hint, you should buy your wife a camera for all the hard work she has done while you were gone :)
T

Anonymous said...

And I am a Canon fan. It all depends on what you like :)

The pics look great, Mel!