Friday, November 02, 2007

Kitimat next week

I made a comment in the last post about going up to Kitimat next week. Yes, thats right I am going back home for a few days. My amazingly awesome husband has gotten me a ticket to go home for Remembrance day. Ever since joining the military it has been something that I have wanted to do.

Being from a rather small community I have always wanted to go back and show the town that even I made something of myself. (If you knew me growing up it was a toss up between actually DOING something with my life or becoming a bum in constant party mode). I have just always wanted to go back and speak to the Cadet Corps that I used to belong to and who introduced me to military life and let them know that there are options for them out there, they just need to make the right ones. And if I can get through to just one of those kids then it would be totally worth it.

Plus I will be going up there ALONE no hubby, no kids. After the retarded year we have had this is like a mini break for me. Yes, Hawaii sounded nicer but then I couldn't talk to the kids. And at least up in Kitimat I know people and my room and food are FREE!! LOL!!!

So to my HOTTIE of a hubby, THANK YOU for the ticket. I love you and YOU ROCK!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your back how was the trip?

Anne Marie

Anonymous said...

we rarely leave a comment because we're technically challenged and have trouble figuring out how to do it. thank you for your posts and especially your pictures. we enjoy them. the one of your wee one sprawled on the BIG teddy is precious.
Love you, from Dad and Gail