Tuesday, December 05, 2006

TOO MANY PARTIES

I never thought I would EVER say those words. And I am sure that if you knew me, YOU never thought you would here me say that.

But here I am. I had the below mentioned "cross-your-finger-I-don't-get-busted" mess dinner today, well actually it was a lunch. The lunch was served to us by our bosses, then senior staff and the officers. And let me tell you, it doesn't happen very often that THEY cater to US. After the lunch was over we were given the rest of the day off and they had busses on to take those that wanted to go over to the Junior Ranks Club to continue to "celebrate" our christmas dinner. The bosses knowing that some of them are going to have not-so-happy campers tomorrow at work. YES, we still have to work tomorrow. Some places get the next day off but NOT us.

Anyways, what do I do ??? I come home. It wasn't THAT long ago that I too would probably have continued to "celebrate". SIGH.....I'm OLD!!!!

Then on this Friday I have my sections christmas party, then on the 15th I have our building christmas party. Too many parties not enough Mel's. Maria has already said that she will take them this Friday, because it is her husband christmas party the following one. Cool, there is one. Now I am on the hunt.....any takers ???

3 comments:

Jazz said...

I'll go, a night away from the kids is always great ;)

Anonymous said...

If I were closer...

:)

Mel said...

That the problem, everyone who woulw doesn't live around here :(