Sunday, November 06, 2005

Music

I have to say that this one was inpired from my sister Angella's blog.

Lately she has mentioned some old music that we used to listen to and how they are remixing it and how our kids love it. Like Roxette's "Listen to your heart".

Keenan loves all of my old CD's. He has loved music since day one. He has never cared for "age apporpriate" music, he likes what mommy likes, ( and used to like). He's liked everything from the Dixie Chicks to The Black Eye Peas to the old "Stand by Me" Soundtrack. He loves the old '90's dance tunes, "Let your backbone Slide," He can even sing the verse "Thank you for blessing me, with a mind to rhyme and two hot feet." Or whatever it says. He makes it sound good.

It is just so funny to hear him singing some of the lyrics to some of the songs. Like right now he likes "I play chicken with the Train" by Cowboy Troy. I happen to like this one too. But at the end of the song the lyrics are "Get you summa 'dat" And to hear him say it, puts me into giggles every time. He gets into it too, some faces he makes when he is singing are totaly serious.

Even the New Mini Pops are doing all of the recent songs, they have a version of The Black Eye Peas' "Lets get it started". He used to LOVE that song, that is why we chose that song to walk into our reception to.

But you know what...I STILL love that music, it makes me remember some good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Buspar t