Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Poor Little Haylei

The little princess is sick. She wasn't feeling well for a bit now. It started last week and I took her into the clinic and the dr there said that it was just teething. I was thinking WOW, she is having a MUCH worse time with this than Keenan did. She got a bit more energy but was still really off. Just not herself. A lot more cuddly, snotty, poopy and cranky. Not tonnes but enough to noticed. Yesterday she was like she was last week but this time her butt was raw and RED, but that has happend before and it actually WAS teething. So this time I chalked it up to teething again. I gave her her tylenol, anbesol and medicated butt cream.

Today Maria (she watches the kids during the day) called me because Haylei was just TERRIBLE. She hardly ate, basically a couple bits of this or that, and that is NOT Haylei. Normally she is munching on something ALL DAY LONG. And she only had 3ish bottles today where in the same time frame on a normal day she would have gone through around 8 of milk or water/juice. And apparently she was rather lethargic, all in all NOT being her on the go self.

I took her to the clinic again today, saw the same dr that we saw last week and now he says that she has an ear infection. And he says that the poops bother him so I have to take a poop sample to the lab tomorrow. Here is my question...If this is an ear infection could it have started last week ? If so, what could happen if this has gone untreated for that long ? And if any one out there has had to deal with them please fill me in because I have never had to deal with them.

This is one trait that she got from Daddy, apparently he suffered from them when he was small.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( poor girl! I hope she gets better soon!

Momology said...

Geez...poor girl. I had them when I was a kid too. I think a hot cloth on the ear is helpful...I'll ask one of the girls at my office what she does because her young babes seem to have ear infections often.