Saturday, November 18, 2006

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

They have been calling for HEAVY rain here today. You never would have believed it though because the majority of the day wasn't too bad. But I spoke too soon. For the last few hours it has been going pretty good. Not a monsoon or anything but non stop. Me and the kids are supposed to have a video conference with James tomorrow in town. If it rains too much the roads out here flood. And it is known to be closed often because it is a little windy mostly one-lane traffic highway. It is kind of like the Kitimat/Terrace road or the Terrace Rupert type but a little windier. Basically there is only one road into town, there is a second but it all depends where they close the road and if you can even get to that turn off, it is about 1/3-1/2 way into town. Plus there is only one road out of this development with a little bridge that we have to drive across and it almost overflowed in the last big downfall, almost closing the road...and Keenan was still at school!!

Anyways enough about the stinkn' road. Back to James. So I told James that we have been getting quite a bit of rain and that if I had to I will swim across the flood with both kids on my back if I gotta but I AM going to make it there. Could you picture that...okay I would actually do that but I would solicit anyone I could find with a boat or something. I sure as heck wouldn't give up. I know it already I will be ready to go at 0930 when our timing isn't until 2pm. Oh, well. At least I won't miss it.

SO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! This rain is NOT going to kill our day!!!!!!!

No comments: