Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My mommy is coming!!!!

Thats right you just heard a grown woman happy cuz she gets to see her mommy. But that isn't the best part, shes coming at the PERFECT time. I just spent the last two weeks at home with my children. Which is lovely but with James gone right now it has been a little crazy. The teachers strike created more time for me to get things done but has left poor Keenan at home. The weather here hasn't been all that nice, no snow storms or anything but not very nice all the same. And when the weather isn't nice then he gets stuck inside and that boy has TOO much energy to be inside for long periods of time. Not that I mind him going out in the rain (light rain that is) but none of his friends will venture out too often if it is raining at all.

The timing on this is great, this will give her some Nana time and me a bit of a break. I have decided to take Keenan to Johnny Zee's (kinda like a Chucky Cheese) while my mom is here so that we can have some mommy and son time. I feel bad for the little guy because lately all hes heard is " When I'm done with your sister," or "After I feed your sister," ..."sister, sister, sister." He has done wonderful with her and loves her to peices but I don't want him to think that she is more important. So I think now is a great time to give him some undivided attention for a couple hours.

They come in today around dinner time and I can't wait. Dad is coming too, he actually got out of the house. It is a rare occurance but it happens occasionally. LOL!!! It sounds like they will be getting out a bit more often though. My mom told me that she will be taking turns from now on between visiting us and visiting my sister (Angella) in Summerland. So I will take all the mommy time now because it may be awhile before I get to see her again. Unless we can get up to see her when she goes to my sisters some time next year.

She is the best. Ya, we had our rough times when I was growing up but since this whole "adult thing" hit me she has been my best friend. We talk at least once or twice a week, sometimes more often. We both have our issues still but I think we have learned to deal with them.

She is currently awaiting a knee surgery so she decided that she better get down here before that happends and before her granddaughter is one. LOL!!!

Speaking of her granddaughter, my mother has only seen pictures and can't wait to finally meet her. When I was pregnant and before I was told the sex, we all just assumed that I was going to have a boy. That is the way it seemed to run in my family. All of my brothers (who have kids) have had girls (Chris has Sasha, Paige and Jaden, and Mark has Justine) and all of my sister who have kids) have had boys (Michelle has Nic, Angella has Graham and Nathan, and I had Keenan). So finding out that we were having a girl was just even more exciting. Right away mom was looking at all the girl clothes. We have always complained that the stores back home carried more cute girl things than boy things. Now we can play dress up !!! Don't get me wrong we dressed Keenan up in some really cute things but girl clothes is just FUN.

Well thats it for now, we still have a few things to do before my parents get here.

Oh, and today is James' birthday. Happy 27th baby!! I can call him baby...he will always be younger. LOL!!! He probably won't have that great of a birthday because they are sailing right now but he will enjoy his weekend off in San Diego. He has the whole weekend off so who knows what kind of trouble he could get himself into. Have a good one hun!!

Take Care

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Oxycontin no rx required

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »