Friday, October 07, 2005

NO SCHOOL ???!!!



Well, as we all know the teachers walked out. I don't have a probelem with them walking out and I know that when I was in school I LOVE it when this kind of stuff happend. But now being the parent on the other end it STINKS!! I was enjoying my couple hours a day. Sure Haylei is still little and at home but she sleeps most of the time so that is my time to get stuff done. Even if it is only errands or house work. It is soooooo much easier with only 1 child to drag around. This was already a long weekend and they just made it even LONGER!!!

The other thing that sucks is that I am taking night classes now and I actually PAID to take this class. Which means I actually WANT to go to class, and now I can't. Class, even though it is work, was my "adult time". I could sit in a room of adults and not have to hear..."Mom, they don't want to play with me, Can you tell them they have to?" or " I'm bored, no one is outside. I need someone to play with." Even when I offer to play with him I get..." Not you mom, you're too old." Me, too old?????? When did that happen???????

Anyways, school being out is a real pain in the butt. I really hope they get this sorted out and SOON.

1 comment:

Angella said...

Maybe the strike will end soon? Except my teacher friends don't think so :)