Monday, September 25, 2006

Return of the Brain

Well, my brain has been on auto since James left. Doing what I have to do to get through the day and before I know it the day is over.

I have been complaining that since James left my vacuum SUCKS. Well actually that is the problem...it doesn't. Today the brain kicked in and I decided to take it apart as see what was going on. I'm glad I did, the filter was JAMMED PACK with crap...and saw dust.

To be totally honest, things like vacuuming, laundry...generally most house cleaning James did. I had my stint where ALL I did was clean but then I basically went on strike and James picked it all up. So with him gone and a brand new BIG house I had to step up again.

While his dad was here they framed in the wall and did the electrical in the basement spare room. And apparently used the vacuum to clean it all up. Well, the vacuum didn't like that and when I started my investigating it threw up on me. Which was my first hint that something was off. Once I got it all out it was about the size of a tennis ball...no wonder the dang thing wasn't working so well.

Even though I got it working it still is a cheap crappy vacuum. It works okay on carpet but not so well on hardwood or tile. And seeing how we have more tile and hardwood in this house than carpet I STILL need a GOOD vacuum. Any ideas on a GOOD vacuum with GOOD suction that DOESN'T cost an arm and a leg ??

1 comment:

Jazz said...

I have a Kenmore auto clean filter EVO, I got it from Sears and I love it. It sucks everything up and works great on hard wood and carpet. It was not that much and we have already had it for 2 years and it still works awsome.